This page covers our current licence and copyright transfer terms for event and business photography/video production services. All of our licence and copyright terms are negotiable - please contact us directly if you wish to discuss alternate options.
1.1 LICENCE FOR EVENT AND BUSINESS IMAGES
As part of the commercial contract that we provide for event and business photography and live video production services, Individual Pixel provides a license to use the images after payment of all fees.
For licence period, Individual Pixel provides the following options:
- 1-year license
- 3-year licence
- Perpetual licence
For licence terms, Individual Pixel adds all of the following components to the licence:
- Worldwide (includes UK, EU and US) first and second/subsequent serial rights - a licence to publish worldwide in a ‘serial’ publication - a newspaper, journal or magazine for the first, second and subsequent times.
- Internet publication right - a licence to publish electronically on the Internet or World-Wide Web (WWW); this is always a worldwide right.
- Intranet publication right - a licence to publish on an electronic computer-linked system comparable to the Internet but confined to a single company or other defined group.
- Worldwide (includes UK, EU and US) syndication rights - a licence to re-sell copyright material in a defined area on behalf of the copyright owner. Income from syndication is split between the client and Individual Pixel Photography at agreed rates.
- Electronic archive right (as part of the original publication) - a licence to store material electronically for the publisher’s reference and archival purposes only, not including copyright or further publication without Individual Pixel Photography specific permission.
- Worldwide book right - a licence to publish in a (non-serial) book.
- Derived products - the right to create and sell derived products.
The licence period is outlined in the package and confirmed in your contract at the time of booking.
1.2 COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FOR EVENT AND BUSINESS IMAGES
The broad use licence outlined in section 1.1 above fits the needs of almost all of our event and business clients as it provides for all use cases except for owning and selling the images (as the copyright owner). If you want to own the full copyright to the images (as an individual or entity) then Individual Pixel can provide a transfer of copyright as part of the assignment.
Individual Pixel will transfer copyright and re-tag all images and video with the clients copyright and contact information. The following terms are added as part of the copyright transfer:
- Full copyright (all rights) - all media worldwide in perpetuity.
This service costs £299 (events) and £399 (business) and must be added at the time of booking.